Fixation of notional seniority for Head Constables in AR/SARCPL consequent on revision of seniority of ARPCs G.O.MS.No. 107
Government of Andhra Pradesh accorded permission for the following formula for fixation of seniority with effect from 1-1-2008 in respect of APPCs and SARCPL PCs who were appointed by transfer from the APSP by taking into consideration of the orders of the Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad: “Shall be given a weightage of one year for every completed two years of service rendered as PC in APSP, subject to a maximum of seven years”. For the purpose of calculation of weightage under this clause, fractions, if any are to be ignored. Date of fixation of seniority: If length of service as PC APSP is above 13 years and less than 14 years, then weightage is 6 years. If the date of appointment as PC AR is 18-01-2014 then date of fixation of seniority is 18-01-2008.
- Accordingly, the Government vide Memo, directed to revise the seniority list of ARPCs for the year 2008 and onwards in all Districts/ Commissionerates, keeping in view the G.O.Ms.No. 01, Home (Legal.II) Department, Dtd:07.01.2016, duly applying the weightage formula on the seniority lists prepared in the year 2008 and thereafter.
- In the reference 3rd read above, the Director General of Police, AP has informed the Government that, in accordance with the above orders and also various orders of AP Administrative Tribunal and High Court of Andhra Pradesh in the matter, the seniority lists in the rank of ARPCs were finalised and accordingly eligible ARPCs were sent for PPT and Promotions effected as ARHCs as per vacancies. Further stated that since the seniority list of AR PCs is revised as per G.O.Ms.No.1, dt.7-1-2016, it has been necessary to revise the seniority list of AR HCs and above. The promotions which have already been made in the rank of AR HCs and ARSIs from 01-01-2008 onwards, have to be reviewed and notional dates assigned as per rules and procedure.
- The Director General of Police, Andhra Pradesh also stated that the tentative seniority list of AR HCs has been prepared in all Districts / Commissionerates, by assigning notional dates as per vacancies year wise (including deputation) and eligibility. In the tentative seniority list, some of AR HCs may get reversions due to the change of placement in the seniority of AR PCs. But they were not reverted due to stay orders on their reversion. However, the said tentative seniority lists were published calling objections from the affected individuals. The objections received, were disposed of, as per rules and procedure. After disposing of the objections, the tentative seniority lists of AR HCs were rectified by the respective Units.
- Accordingly, the Director General of Police, Andhra Pradesh requested the Government to approve the final seniority lists of AR HCs furnished by the respective Units viz., East Godavari District – 262, West Godavari District – 128, Krishna District -215 and Vijayawada City-272 wherein notional seniority was assigned to as per their eligibility and suitability & keeping in view of the weightage formula fixed in the rank of AR PCs as per G.O.Ms.No.1, dt: 07.01.2016.
- Government after careful examination in the matter, hereby approve the final seniority lists of ARHCs of the units Annexed to this order wherein notional seniority was assigned (in Column No.11 of East Godavari District – 262, West Godavari District – 128, Krishna District -215 and Column No.12 of Vijayawada City-272) to as per their eligibility and suitability & keeping in view of the weightage formula fixed in the rank of AR PCs as per G.O.Ms.No.1, dt: 07.01.2016, also assigned notional dates to the AR PCs / AR HCs who were already retired from service / expired without being promoted from 01-01-2008 onwards and now identified to be assigned notional dates prior to their dates of retirement / date of death etc., in the seniority lists of AR HCs and above ranks duly giving exemption from PPT course if they did not underwent PPT course while in service.
- The Director General of Police, Andhra Pradesh shall take necessary further action in the matter accordingly.