Telangana State Council on Older Persons under Senior Citizens Rules Whereas, by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Re-Organization Act, 2014 (Central Act No. 6 of 2014) the appropriate
Government i.e., the State of Telangana is empowered by order, to make such adoptions and modifications of any law made before 02-06-2014, whether by way of repeal or amendment as may be necessary or expedient, for the purpose of facilitating the application of such law in relation to the State of Telangana, before expiration of two years from 02-06-2014, and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptions and modifications so made until altered, repealed or amended by a competent Legislature or other competent authority; 2. And whereas, it has become necessary to adapt and modify the Andhra Pradesh
Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Rules, 2011 are in force as on 01-06-2014 for the purpose of facilitating its application in relation to the State of Telangana;
Accordingly, the following notification will be published in the Extra-ordinary issue of the Telangana Gazette Dt:30-05-2016.
In the Andhra Pradesh Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Rules, 2011 throughout the Rules for the words “Andhra Pradesh” occurring otherwise than in a citation or description or in the title of other enactments, the word “Telangana” shall be substituted.
Government of India have enacted the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 (Central Act No.56 of 2007) for the maintenance and welfare of parents and Senior citizens.
The erstwhile State Government have notified the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Rules, 2011 under the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 in exercise of the powers conferred by sub section (1) read with sub section (2) of section 32 of the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007(Act No.56 of 2007). The same have been adapted to the Telangana State by issuing a notification vide reference 3rd cited.
Under Rule 22 of the “AP Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Rules” the State Government issued orders for constituting a State Council on Older Persons for Implementation of National Policy on Older Persons under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Minister for Women, Children, Disabled and senior Citizens for a period of one year vide references 4th to 6th read above from time to time. The tenure of the State Council of Senior Citizens committee has been expired on 02.04.2019.
Government after careful examination in the matter and in order to implement the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents & Senior Citizens Act, 2007 and as per rule 22 of A.P Maintenance of Parents and Senior Citizens Rules, 2011 hereby re-nominate the following members to the State Council on Older Persons Committee in Telangana State for one more year w.e.f. 03-04-2019.
Sl. No. Name of the Senior Citizens Members
(i) Hon’ble Minister for Women, Children, Disabled and senior Citizens. Chairman, Ex-officio
(ii) Secretary/Principal Secretary/Special Chief Secretary of Departments of
- Women, Children, Disabled & Senior Citizens. Members, Ex-officio
- Medical Health & Family Welfare Department.
- Home Department.
- Information & Public Relations
- Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Department.
- Finance Department
(iii) 1. Dr. K. Chandrasekhar, Director, Division of Neuropsychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry, Consultant Psychiatrist, Asha Hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
- Mohd. Raza Mohammed, Acting State Head of Helpage India Telangana State
- K. Naga Chandrika Devi, Kinnera Welfare Society, H.No.12-2-717/A/9,Padmanabha Nagar Reti Bowli, Inner Ring Road, SapthagiriNagar Colony, Mehdipatnam,Hyderabad.
- K. Narendra, Sr. Advocate.
- N.M.Rajeshwari, MA, M.Ed, Founder President, Thodu Needa(NGO), Hyderabad,
Members (Under Specialists/ Activists Category)
(iv) 1. M.Prabhakar, Karunaradham Charitable Trust, D.No.2-81/3/215, Kranthi Colony, Road No.2, Chengicherla (V), Ghatkesar(M), Ranga Reddy District.
- Sri Vuchidi Mohan Reddy, Co-Chairman, Telangana State Senior Citizen’s Federation.
- Sri Vuppula Gopal Rao, Vice President, Federation of Senior Citizens Organizations (FESCO).
- Sri Peddi Sudhakar, President, Telangana Federation of Senior Citizen’s Organization (TFESCO).
- P.Narsihma Rao, President,Telangana All Senior Citizens Association.
- P.Kishan Rao, Genl.Secretary,Telangana All Senior Citizens Association.
- M. Prakash Rao, Vice President,Telangana All Senior Citizens Association.
- Dr. N. laxman Rao, Advisor,Telangana All Senior Citizens Association.
- K.Narasimha Rao, General Secretary, Telangana All Senior Citizens Association, Hyderabad District Committee.
Members (Under eminent Senior Citizens Category)
(v) Commissioner/Director in-charge of Senior Citizens welfare in the State (Director, Welfare of
Disabled and Senior Citizens Department) Member Convener
The above said committee shall meet at least once in six months.
The Director, Welfare of Disabled and Senior Citizens, Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 101 of the Andhra PradeshRe-organization Act, 2014(Central Act No.6 of 2014), the Governor of Telangana hereby makes the following Order, namely:-
(1) This Order may be called Andhra Pradesh Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Rules, 2011(Telangana Adaptation) Order,
2016. (2) It shall come into force from 2nd June, 2014.