Telangana State Animal Welfare Board the Director, Veterinary & Animal Husbandry, Telangana State, Hyderabad has submitted the proposal for constitution of Telangana State Animal Welfare Board.
Government after careful examination of the proposal of Director of Animal Husbandry, Telangana State, Hyderabad hereby constitute the “Telangana State Animal Welfare Board” for a period of three (3) years w.e.f 30.04.2019 with the following official and non=official members:-
- Hon’ble Minister for Animal Husbandry, Dairy Development and Fisheries Dept., Telangana State. Chairman
- Chief Secretary to Government, Telangana State, Hyd., Member
- Chairman, Animal Welfare Board of India, New Delhi Member
- Principal Secretary / Secretary to Govt., AHDD & F Dept, Telangana, Hyderabad. Member
- Principal Secretary Finance / Prl. Secretary Finance (R&E), Telangana, Hyderabad Member
- Principal Secretary to Govt., EFS & T Dept., Telangana, Hyd., Member
- Principal Secretary to Government , MA & UD Department Member
- Principal Secretary to Government , PR & RD Department Member
- Principal Secretary to Government, Agriculture and Marketing Dept., Telangana State, Hyderabad. Member
- Director General of Police, Telangana State, Hyderabad. Member
- Vice Chancellor, PVNR Telangana Veterinary University, Hyd., Member
- Commissioner of Transport, Telangana State, Hyd., Member
- Chief Wildlife Warden, Telangana State, Hyderabad. Member
- Director, Veterinary & Animal Husbandry, Telangana State, Hyd., Member – Convener
- Sri.Swamy Svayam Bhagvan Das, Telangana State Vice President for District SPCAs. Member
- Sri Mahesh Agarwal, Sahyog Organization, Hyderabad Member
- Sri.Narshimloo, Sri Laxmi Goseva Trust (Goshala) Mahaboobnagar District Member
- Sri Kailash Goenka, Chairman, Sri Gaushala Committee, Nizamabad District Member
- Sri Devaram Ravinder Reddy, Farmer / Sri Vivekvardhan Gomatha Samrakshanasangam, Suryapeta District Member
- Sri Satish Khandelwal, Kothagudem District, President, Peela Ramakrishna Memorial JeevaRakshasangam, Hyderabad Member
- Padamati Pavani, Chairman, Kamadenu Milk Producers Mutually Aided Co-operative Society, Yadadri District. Member
The terms and conditions of the Board are at Annexure appended to this G.O.
The Director, Veterinary & Animal Husbandry, Telangana State, Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
ANNEXURE to the G.O.Rt.No.146 AHDD&F(AH-II) Dept dt.02.12.2019
Terms and Conditions for Telangana State Animal Welfare Board
1) The terms of reference for Telangana State Animal Welfare Board are as follows:-
a. To advise the Government on measures for strict implementation of PCA Act, 1960 and to prevent unnecessary pain or suffering to animals generally and more particularly when they are being transported from one place to another or when they are used as performing animals or when they are kept in private captivity or confinement.
b. to take all such steps to ameliorate the sufferings of animals by encouraging the construction of sheds, water troughs and the like and by providing Veterinary assistance to the animals.
c. To encourage the formation or establishment of Pinjara Poles, rescue homes, animal shelters, sanctuaries and like where animals and birds may find shelter when they have become old and useless or when they need protection.
d. To suggest the measures for strict implementation of AP Prohibition of Cow Slaughter and Animals Preservation Act ,1977 and other allied animal welfare rules, acts and laws and to provide input for legal matters.
e. To suggest the amendments, recommendations for the existing Rules and acts , if any,.
f. To guide the District SPCAs.
g. To cooperate & coordinate with the work of associations or bodies established for the purpose of preventing unnecessary pain or suffering to animals or for the protection of animals and birds.
h. To encourage the formation of animal welfare organizations in any local area or to guide them in their working.
i. To endeavour to impart education in relation to the humane treatment of animals and for the promotion of animals welfare by means of lectures, books, posters, cinematographic exhibitions and the like.
j. To support the Gou Shalas and other Animal Shelters functioning in the state and to advise them on improvement of their activities.
The funds of Telangana State Animal Welfare Board shall consists of contributions, donations, subscriptions , bequest, gifts and the like made to it by local authority or by any other persons/ agencies / organisations.
The Board shall be treated as First Class Committee for purpose of drawl of T.A. and D.A. by non-official members of the Board. The non-Official Members of the Board shall be allowed T.A. and D.A. The Director of Animal Husbandry will be the controlling Officer for the purpose of the counter signature of T.A. bills of the non-official members of the Board.
The Telangana State Animal Welfare Board will meet at least twice in a year.
The non –official members are entitled for sitting allowance of Rs.200/- per meeting for attending the meeting.
The office of the Board shall be located in the office of the Director of Animal Husbandry, T.S Hyderabad.