Government have issued orders formulating a scheme of Regularisation of Unobjectionable Encroachments in Government lands by way of Dwelling Units for both the BPL and APL families in the entire State upto 500 Sq.Yards. In the said order, a period of 180 days is fixed for filling of applications from the date of operation of Government Order coming into force. The time frame for filing of application have been extended from time to time upto 1002-2019.
Several public representatives and public are requesting for extension of time for submission of applications for regularization of encroachments in unobjectionable government lands.
In the meeting held on 17.10.2019 under Chairmanship of Hon’ble Chief Minister at CM’s Camp Office it was decided to formulate a new scheme of Regularisation of Unobjectionable Encroachments in Government lands for both the BPL and APL families in the entire State.
Government after careful examination, hereby order to introduce fresh Scheme of Regularization of encroachments in Unobjectionable Government lands upto 300 Sq.yards to both the BPL and APL families in the State of Andhra Pradesh, with lock-in period of 5 years, after 5 years, the owner is entitled to make outright sale, with following rates:
|Family Type||Extent in Sq.Yards||Cost in Rural & Urban Areas|
|BPL Families||Upto 100||Rs.1/- (One Rupee Only)|
|100-300||Prevailing Market value as decided by the District Collector duly following the procedure.|
|APL Families||0-300||Prevailing Market value as decided by the District Collector duly following the procedure.|
Scheme of “Regularization of Unobjectionable encroachments in Government lands upto 300 Sq.Yards both in Rural and Urban areas to both the BPL and APL Families in the entire State”.
- Nomenclature This Scheme may be called “Regularization of encroachments in Unobjectionable Government lands upto 300 Sq.yards to both the BPL and APL Families in the entire State”.
- Date of coming in to operation The Scheme shall come into operation with immediate effect. (from the date of issue of orders)
- Cut-off date for occupation The cut-off date for regularization of encroachments in Unobjectionable Government lands shall be 15-10-2019.
- Maximum area for consideration The maximum area for regularization shall be upto 300 Sq. Yards only.
- Eligibility criteria (i) Only families who are Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Above Poverty Line (APL) shall be eligible for Regularization. A family shall be treated as BPL, if it is having a White Ration Card (or) if it is not having a White Ration Card, the Income of the family shall not exceed the income prescribed for BPL category duly certified by the concerned Tahsildar.
- Definition of “Family” The “family” shall include a person, his/ her spouse, minor children, minor brothers and minor sisters dependent on him.
- Only once in a lifetime If anyone gets his/her encroachment regularized, such beneficiaries shall not be eligible for any allotment of house site, even if they sell their regularised plot.
- Cost of regularization The following rates are proposed for regularisation of unobjectionable Encroachments in Government lands both the BPL and APL families in Rural and Urban areas in the entire State of Andhra Pradesh with lock-in period of 5 years, after 5 years, the owner is entitled to make outright sale.
Standard rates of house sites:
Family Type Extent in Sq. Yards Cost in Rural & Urban Areas
BPL Families Upto 100 Rs.1/- (One Rupee only)
100-300 Prevailing Market value as decided by the District Collector duly following the procedure.
APL Families 0-300 Prevailing Market value as decided by the District Collector duly following the procedure.
- Mode of Payment The amount shall be payable to Government through Challan. Maximum Four (4) equal instalments shall be permitted. The entire amount shall be paid within six months from the date of receipt of approval. After completion of payment of cost, the District Collector/ Authorized Officer shall execute a deed of conveyance in favour of the applicant. Registration and Stamp duty shall be paid by the applicant. “If payment is not made within six months, necessary action to remove the encroachment shall be taken as per law”.
- Proof of Identity of a Person Aadhar Card shall be accepted as proof of Identity of a person. In case the applicant is not having Aadhar Card, any other document which may prove the Identity may be accepted as proof of Identity.
- Proof of Occupation of House site
The following documents may be accepted as proof of occupation
a) Registered document
b) Property Tax receipt
c) Electricity bill receipt
d) Water bill receipt
e) Any other proof to establish occupation/ possession over the land.
- Filing of Application The application may be filed within 120 days from the date of coming into operation of the Scheme at any MeeSeva Centre / Village Secretariat in the proforma to be prescribed by the Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. If no application is filed within the stipulated period, necessary action to remove the encroachment shall be taken as per law.
- Processing of Applications
a) All applications received in MeeSeva / Village Secretariat shall be forwarded to the concerned Tahsildar.
b) The Tahsildar shall conduct a detailed inspection in respect of each application and make recommendation to the concerned Sub-Division Level approval Committee for taking a decision on the eligibility of the applicant. The District Collector/ CCLA may prescribe a suitable Check List for use of the Tahsildar.
c) After the decision of the concerned Sub-Division Level approval Committee, the Tahsildar shall execute conveyance deed. Allotment in the name of woman member of a family. In case of woman member is not available, the eldest male member may be considered.
(i) A Sub-Division Level Approval Committee (SDLAC) shall be constituted with the following Officers to consider the cases upto 300 Square Yards :
- Sub-Collector/ R.D.O – Chairman
- Town Planning Officer / MPDO – Member
(applicable to Town/Rural)
- Tahsildar/ Municipal Commissioner concerned (urban area) concerned – Member-Convener
(ii) The Committee shall take a decision within 30 days. Otherwise, the application shall be deemed to have been approved.
- Regularization only in unobjectionable encroachments
Only Unobjectionable encroachments in Government lands shall be considered for regularization. No regularization shall be considered in respect of the following cases:-
a) Sites affected under the alignment of Master Plan/ Zonal Development Plan/ Road Development Plan.
b) Constructions which have come up in open spaces of approved layouts.
c) Constructions made on alignment of Water bodies, Grave Yards, Foreshore or FTL areas of drinking water tanks/ Irrigation tanks and treatment areas.
d) Areas earmarked for treatment plants, Green belts, buffer zone etc.
e) Sites falling under MFL of rivers.
f) Sites required for public purpose.
g) Lands, which are in the opinion of the Committee are highly valuable and cannot be considered for transfer of Rights.
h) Public footpaths. In case of objectionable encroachments, the encroachers shall be rehabilitated by providing alternate sites and dwelling units. MA & UD Department and Revenue Department shall take up identification of objectionable encroachments.
- Appeal Any one aggrieved by the orders of SDLAC may file appeal before the Joint Collector of the District within (30) days from the date of receipt of order. The decision of Joint Collector shall be final.
- Right to inherit/ alienate Alienable rights shall vest automatically on completion of five years from the date of regularisation. After five years, the owner is entitled to make outright sale.
- Allotment order shall be linked with Aadhar to prevent same person getting house site again.