Mission for Elimination of Poverty in Municipal Areas MEPMA has revised the HR Policy for the employees working in Slum Level Federation (SLF) . A Town Level Federation (TLF) Andhra Pradesh with GO number G.O.MS.No. 192 Dated: 03-06-2019.
For the words “ the Project Director is the Competent Authority to suspend L1 & L2 Level Field functionaries working in DPMU and ULBs and Supporting Staff in the categories 1 & 2 of Class – 2 working in DPMU and ULBs in the State” under condition 8.2 (v) under the Chapter -8 of the above orders the words
“ the Project Director is the Competent Authority to suspend L4 & L5 Level Field functionaries working in DPMU and ULBs and Supporting Staff in the categories 1 & 2 of Class – 2 working in DPMU and ULBs in the State” shall be substituted.
For the words “the Project Director, DPMU may impose any of the penalties specified under condition
8.3 (i) on the Field Functionaries belonging to L1 & L2 and working in the DPMU & ULBs and on the Supporting Staff belonging to Categories 1 & 2 of Class -2 working in the DPMU and ULBs in the State” under condition
8.4(i) under the Chapter – 8 of the above orders “ the Project Director, DPMU may impose any of the penalties specified under condition 8.3 (i) on the Field Functionaries belonging to L4 & L5 and working in the DPMU & ULBs and on the Supporting Staff belonging to Categories 1 & 2 of Class -2 working in the DPMU and ULBs” shall be substituted.
- Where it is prescribed or necessary to fill up a post on deputation from the employees of State or Central Government, the rules of State / Central Government governing the terms and conditions of deputation on Foreign Service shall be followed by MEPMA. In addition, the Executive Committee may prescribe certain other terms and conditions from time to time depending on the merits of the circumstances. The decision of the Executive Committee with regard to filling up of any post by deputation is final, unless otherwise prescribed.
- In the case of category 2 of Class-1 ie. Senior Accountant and Senior Assistant in the Head Office or in the DPMU are to be filled by deputation from Government Departments. But these posts could not be filled by deputation as no Senior Assistant / Senior Account from any Government department has expressed his/her willingness to come to MEPMA on deputation. In such circumstances, they may have to be filled either by direct recruitment or by selection from the existing employees who are qualified and eligible with the approval of the Executive Committee. Hence such provision is made in the methods of appointment of Senior Assistant / Senior Accountant.
No person shall be eligible for appointment by direct recruitment to any post in any level of Field Functionaries or in any category of Class-1 and Class-2 of supporting staff unless he/she completes 18 years of age and less than 33 years of age as on the first day of July of the year in which the notification for recruitment is made. The Executive Committee is competent to extend age concessions whenever & wherever it deems necessary.
Certificate of Physical fitness
Every person selected to any post in a level of Field Functionaries or in a category of Class-1 and Class-2 of supporting staff by direct recruitment shall submit a medical fitness certificate from a medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon.
The antecedents of an employee appointed by direct recruitment shall be got verified by the concerned police authorities. Those with adverse antecedents shall not be continued in the employment.
Tenure of Employment:
- Every employee who is on the rolls of MEPMA on contract or outsourcing as on the date of application of Human Resource Policy and to whom this H.R. Policy is made applicable by the Executive committee will be on fixed tenure of employment on contract for a period of 5 (five) years and the tenure of employment is renewable at the end of every five years subject to satisfactory performance. The maximum period of contract will be till the individual attains the age of 60 years, subject to the individual putting in satisfactory performance as required by the MEPMA and subject to terms and conditions of contractual agreement and letter of appointment. The Executive Committee shall prescribe the Letter of appointment on contract.
- In future, whenever MEPMA undertakes fresh appointments, the candidates will be appointed initially on contract for a short term of 2 years and if their performance is satisfactory and there is a need to continue them they may be given long term employment contract renewable at a stretch for a period of 5 years. The maximum period of contract is till the individual attains the age of 60 years, subject to the individual putting in satisfactory performance as required by the MEPMA if there is a need and sufficient workload.
3.11. The MEPMA reserves the right to recover from an employee whose tenure of employment has expired, any loss / damage caused by him within the period of three years of the discovery of said loss / damage. . Career Advancement/Promotional Opportunities
MEPMA employees are eligible for availing Career Advancement Opportunities available in MEPMA under this policy as per the guide lines issued by the Executive Committee from time to time.
The Executive Committee evolves transfer policy and issues guidelines every year. Accordingly, the transfer of the employees will be made by the Mission Director or by any other authority authorized by the EC, following the guidelines issued by it.
- An employee may resign to his/her post and the appointing authority shall be competent to accept or reject such resignation. The employee, who intends to resign to his post, shall give at least three months’ notice or three months remuneration in lieu thereof.
- The acceptance of such resignation by the appointing authority shall take effect from the date of relief, if he/she is on duty or from the date of communication, if he/she is on leave, or if the said authority so directs from the date of expiry of leave. Before actually relieving the employee, it should be ensured that the amounts due from the individual to MEPMA are fully recovered.
- The appointing authority may remove an employee during his/her employment for sufficient and reasonable cause by giving such person a show cause notice and to provide an opportunity to offer his / her explanation.
- The person so removed shall have the right to appeal within 90 days from the date of receipt of the order to such authority as is prescribed under these Terms and Conditions of employment.
- Any employee engaged on contract may be removed for the breach of any condition of contractual agreement as stipulated in it or for breach of conditions of Letter of Appointment. In such case the procedure stipulated in .15.1 & 3.15.2 will not apply and hence those provisions cannot be invoked.
- G.O.MS.No. 192 Dated: 03-06-2019 Read the following: 1. G.O. Ms. No. 287 Municipal Administration & Urban Development (UBS) Department dated 30-08-2018 2. From the Mission Director, MEPMA, Guntur, Rc. No. MEPMA/15021(32)/13/2018/E2, dated 25-04-2019