GUIDELINES FOR PURCHASE OF DESI COWS, FARM INFRASTRUCTURE AND MACHINERY FOR BY PRODUCTS
The government of A.P. has issued detailed operational guidelines for the promotion of Organic Dairy farming through the establishment of Desi cow farms to improve the production A2 cow milk and milk products vide Desi Cows milk and milk products Purchase Guidelines G.O.Ms.No.5, AHDD&F Dept., Dt.11.01.2021, G.O.Ms.No.9, AHDD&F Dept, Dt.16.02.2021.
- Implementing Agency: Department of Animal Husbandry.
The special officers appointed by DAH shall anchor and shall be responsible for handholding the project.
- Funding Pattern (Revised):
|S. No.||Name of the Item||Unit Cost in Rs.||Total Amount Rs. in Lakhs|
|1||Cost of the 24 Indigenous Cows + one purebred bull (Gir, Sahiwal, Rati, Red Sindhi, Ongole etc.)||75,000 (includes cost of animal, insurance & transportation)||18.75|
|2||Construction of sheds, fencing and other infrastructure||8,50,000||8.50|
|3||Cost of Equipment (Milk and By products processing equipment, chaff cutters, bush cutters, distillery unit||2,25,000||2.25|
|4||Maintenance Cost in processing and value addition of products||50,000||0.50|
- Financing Banker :
- The DCCB’s of respective districts.
- The animals shall be insured as per financing bank norms.
- Unit Cost: Rs.75,000/-
- The unit cost is only indicative including animal cost, transportation and insurance cost.
- If the cost of the selected animal is higher than the indicative unit cost, balance amount shall be borne by the beneficiary.
- The valuation of the selected animal will be as per the recommendation of the special officer and the banker shall finance as per the valuation recommended by the special officer.
- Purchase Committee/Procurement Committee:
- The JLG member
- The Special Officer
- DCCB Banker (Optional)
- Beneficiary Choice:
The JLG is free to select animals as per their choice of single purebred indigenous cows.
- Animal Selection Criteria:
a) Pregnant Milch Animals :
- Stage of pregnancy- 6-7 months.
- Proven breed and phenotypical characters. iii. Cows in 2nd or 3rd Lactation should be selected.
iv. Cost of the animal is ascertained based on the type, breed and category of the animal.
- Milch Animals:
|S. No.||Breed||Specifications||Breed tract|
|1||Gir/ Sahiwal/ Rati / Red Sindhi||Cow in 6th – 7th month pregnancy Calf at foot. Minimum assured milk yield 4-6 ltrs /day after calving. 2nd or 3rd Lactation milch animals Proven Breed characters||Gir -> Gujarat Sahiwal-> Haryana Rati / Red Sindhi -> Rajasthan|
|2||Ongole||Cow in 6th – 7th month pregnancy Calf at foot. Minimum assured milk yield 4-6 ltrs/day after calving. 2nd or 3rd Lactation milch animals Proven Breed characters||Andhra Pradesh|
|3||Punganur||Cow in 6th -7th month pregnancy. Calf at foot. Minimum assured milk yield 2 ltrs/day after calving. 2nd or 3rd Lactation milch animals Proven Breed characters||Andhra Pradesh|
- Disease Screening Tests:
- The special officer will conduct required screening tests of the animals proposed to be procured.
- He/ She shall first screen the animals for general and gynaecological health.
- Procedures to be adopted for transparent procurement of animals:
- Procurement within the State:
i. Only INAPH tagged cows are permitted for purchases. No animals without INAPH tag shall be purchased by the beneficiary. ii. Animals shall be procured as per the beneficiary choice. iii. After choosing the animal, beneficiaries and sellers shall report the details of animals to their special officer concerned. iv. Sellers identity shall be established on the basis of Aadhaar and animal INAPH tag number.
- The special officer concerned will issue the health and valuation certificate of the animal (annexure II).
- The committee members will finalize the cost of the animals based on the selection criteria- choice of the beneficiary, breed, age, characters, stage of lactation etc., of the selected animal. vii. The Ownership shall be changed in favour of the beneficiary in the records of AH Department in INAPH Portal after completion of payment to the seller.
- Procurement from outside the state:
- In case of purchases outside the state, the purchase committee shall procure the animals in the breeding tracts of respective states as per the details and specifications and as per the choice of the beneficiary.
- The bank will release the advance from the beneficiary bank account to the special officer in the Purchase committee to avoid undue delay in purchase and transportation of the animal from the seller to the beneficiary
- Animals shall be purchased directly from the farmers without involving middlemen and the special officers shall guide the beneficiaries duly accompanying them while purchasing animals.
- The animals purchased outside the state shall be invariably tagged with INPAH tags before actual transportation of the animals to the beneficiary village (if not previously tagged).
- Transportation of the animals:
The selected animals shall be transported to the beneficiary village by the beneficiaries themselves.
- Payment to Animal Sellers:
Payment towards the cost of cow (Milch/Pregnant) which was finalized by the committee shall be paid to the bank account of animal seller by the banker from the unit cost after receipt of the acknowledgment of the beneficiary (annexure IV) and sale consent of the animal from the seller concerned.
Post-Induction Training to the Beneficiaries:
Enlightening the beneficiaries on the modern feeding practices, milking practices, health care and management of the pregnant animals/milch animals, vaccination schedule, deworming etc., by the concerned special officer. The special officer is responsible for follow up activities in animal Health management.
CONSTRUCTION OF SHEDS:
As per type design and the indicative unit cost communicated by Animal Husbandry Department prepared by the APUIAML.
Farm Machinery Purchase:
Equipment (Milk and By products processing equipment, chaff cutters, bush cutters, distillery unit) has to be purchased as per APAGROS empanelled rates.
By-Products machinery likeVermicompost unit, MAWA/ Ghee making unit / Butter chilling unit / Urine Distillery unit / Cow Dung Log machine/ Panchagavyam & Jeevamrutham units/ Agarbathi making unit can also be purchased basing on farm requirement and demand.
If the machinery required by the beneficiary is not in the empanelled list of APAGROS, quotations based approval shall be taken for bank finance.
Government have approved the revised project proposal & operational guidelines for selection of beneficiaries, certification, branding, marketing of A2 milk and milk products for the Organic Dairy Farming with Indigenous Cows project, with the funding pattern of RKVY & NAFCC, subject to approval of SLSC and release of funds for the proposed project.
Director of Animal Husbandry, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada, among other things, has requested to approve the Guidelines for purchase of Desi cow units, farm infrastructure and machinery for by products for further follow up.
Government after careful consideration of the proposal, hereby to approve the Guidelines for purchase of Desi cow units, farm infrastructure and machinery for by products for further follow up, with the funding pattern of RKVY & NAFCC, subject to approval of SLSC and release of funds for the proposed project. The operational guidelines for the project proposal are appended as annexure to this order.